Monday, January 6, 2014

Interview with Melissa Keir, author of 'Second Time's the Charm'


-->For my wedding in Vegas, my books and computer came with me but there wasn't enough room for my wedding shoes. It’s all about priorities! As an avid reader, I was probably born with a book in hand. Luckily my mom was also an avid reader, so it was easy to "borrow" her books when my books were finished.
I was reading from an early age about dashing men on horseback riding to the rescue of strong willed and capable women who didn't really need rescuing. I came to expect that women in fairy tales should have fought their own battles. When I was older, I found Margaret Atwood and realized that women could re-tell history in their own way and I experimented with changing those basic fairy tales.


Fortunately for me, my husband allows me the opportunity to be myself (spend my salary on books) and still takes care of the really important things for me like killing spiders and opening jars. As an elementary teacher, teaching children about the many worlds inside of books is a gift that I’m lucky enough to do for a living. Teaching the next generation to love reading is a lot of fun! Reading the right book can make a new world come alive!
Currently living in the suburbs of Ann Arbor, Michigan with my darling husband, way-too-grown-up children and spoiled dogs, I enjoy getting away through a book to escape the harsh winters or summer road construction.

I’d love to hear from you! www.melissakeir.com www.facebook/melissakeir www.twitter/melissa_keir





-->Congratulations on your new book! Can you tell us what it's about?
-->What if your soul mate was your best friend's ex-husband?

Blurb:

A middle aged divorcee with two children must find her way back to love after a devastating divorce leaves her with no self confidence in herself or even in love. Lissa's ex-husband has shredded her self esteem, so she has thrown herself into her children and job. An emergency life threatening illness of her best friend's son puts her on the path to romance. Lissa finds her new love in an unexpected way...introduced by his ex-wife.

Who knew that first time loves could lead to second chances?  



-->Can you tell us about your publishing journey? How did you publish it?
-->This book was traditionally published until the publisher gave me back my rights and now I'm self pubbing this book and the sequel.

-->Now that you are published, can you give some advice to others who would like to get their book published?
-->Alway continue to dream and never give up. I have faced numerous issues from publishing houses closing to getting my rights back, but I've been determined to keep writing.

-->If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
-->I would trust myself more and take more chances. But life is about learning and I'm far from done yet!

-->Where can we buy your book?
-->Amazon, B&N, Kobo and soon to be on ARE. 

-->Any final words?

-->Thank you for having me. I love sharing my stories with readers. After all, second chances are an important part of life.
         

No comments: